Sunday, August 21, 2005

Half Blood Prince Party


Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince came out July 16th at midnight. My uncle Jim(we grew up together so we are more like brother and sister), his wife Beth and their two kids Jaime and Joey came to visit over that weekend. Seeing as his kids and mine are all Potter fans a late night book release party was a must. We went to Broadstreet Books in Ghent. They had crafts(wands, brooms and hats) an animal show(rat, snake, lizzard, owl, turantula) and snacks(bertie botts beans, butter root beer and chocolate frogs). Of course the best part was the midnight countdown and getting the book(me and my sister Katy finished all 652 pages in 48 hours). I couldn't believe Chris came with us. Seeing as he is the most conservative muggle I know. He did try to read the books one time at my insistence, but quit before finishing book one. President biographies are his favorites. So I guess it just wasn't boring enough for him. lol. We were shocked when he put on the boys costume at the party and posed for a picture with me.

No comments: