Monday, August 22, 2005

I'm Making Waffles

by Teresa
This morning our middle child Nick came leaping in my bed at 8:ooam(this is early in the summer for me). He informed me that he made waffles for breakfast. This is not a surprise coming from Nick. This is a ten year old who's favorites shows are 30 minute meals and Iron chef America. He said he made two for me two for him and two for his brother Ben. I told him it was really thoughtful but, we were both still asleep. I would be down in a few minutes, if that was ok. He said sure and darted out of the room. I was wanting to try these new 4 carb waffles I bought so I got up and came down about 15 minutes later and there were no waffles anywhere. Just crumbs and sticky counters. After investigating I found a paper plate in the trash with about an inch of syrup clinging to it and the empty syrup bottle(which was unopened before this morning). I asked Nick what the deal was. He said he ate them all. They wouldn't be good cold anyway. He could make more for us if we want. Besides, he said, I skipped breakfast yesterday. So eating 6 waffles was ok. What is the deal with kids and this logic? All 3 of my kids will try to pull this on you. They wake up at 11:00 and eat. Then after dinner they ask...what did I have for breakfast? Nothing dear, you were asleep. Well then I need something else to eat beacause I need 3 meals in the day. Nevermind they ate enough that day to keep a trucker going for 24 hours.

No comments: