Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Big boy

by teresa
Ben has asked me to please not walk down to the corner and wait for his bus to bring him home from school. He says he wants me to stay on the porch and wait. He feels that he is big enough to walk home from the bus stop alone(it is 2 houses down). Actually, he asked if I would stay in the house....but I insisted that I at least had to be on the porch. He also asked me yesterday......mommy....when can I start walking to school on my own? I told him maybe in 5th grade. Although....when Nick rides his bike to school(this is a rare event), I have him take his walkie-talkie with him so we can talk the whole way. Ummmmmm......and I sneak and follow him in my car to make sure he waits for the crossing guard. Ok...Ok...so I'm a little over protective. Last year, when I did this, a policeman pulled up beside me and gave me the once over. I guess I looked suspicious. I was in my car, in the parking lot of the church across from Nick's school, videotaping the children cross the street into the school yard.

No comments: