Friday, September 16, 2005

Book crazy

by teresa
Today was alot of fun for me and many other book lovers in Chesapeake. The Chesapeake Central library has a huge book sale each year. They fill a large meeting room to capacity with thousands of books. You just pick through boxes and boxes, piles and piles and get as many books as you can carry. Friday and Saturday the books are .25 for paperback and 1.00 for hardback and childrens hardbacks are only .50. Fiction, Travel, Childrens, Religion, Encyclopedia sets, biographies, fantasy, and much much more. They even have books on tape, videos and cds. And then on Sunday form 1:00-4:00 everything is FREE! I mostly get childrens books and classics. This year I was smart and took 2 big tote bags to put my books in. I figured I would stop looking when I could no longer feel my arms from the weight of the bags. An hour and a half and 40 books later I was out of there. Now I just need a new bookcase. I can't wait until next year........ Maybe I'll go back on Sunday after church.

No comments: