Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Day four

by teresa
Well, the first week of school couldn't have gone any better for us. Kids got up...Kids went without tears....kids came home happy. That's all we ever hope for. Nick took scones and muffins on friday to his teacher and two great ladies in the office. After the great week he has had, I was ready to pay their mortgages to show my appreciation! But, I decided a nice breakfast treat would be more appropriate. Ben's school called about an hour after he had been there. He was in the nurses office with and ear ache. Of course I rushed there, calling the doctors office on the way, and collected my baby. He was crying and holding his head. The doctor was able to get us in that hour. By the time we got to the doctors he was feeling better already. Isn't that always how it is? At home they are whining and moaning, acting as though death is near. Then you get to the office and they are climbing up the walls and being loud. Making you feel like an idiot in front of the nurses, who an hour before you were talking to on the phone about your terribly sick little boy, trying to convince them that he needed to be seen immediatly! Turns out, that Ben really did have and ear infection. He was like....see mom....I told you I was sick! Of course, when we got home I told him the rule, that when you are home from school sick you have to stay in bed. All of a sudden he was cured! Too Late! He took a 3 hour nap(and so did I). This mom job is so rough sometimes. Lauren had a good week. She likes all of her classes and teachers. She has lots of homework for Spanish 5, she is in Alpha, on the yearbook staff, is in her 7th year of violin, and has cheer pratice 5 days a week She is very busy. Very, very busy. But, we figure that is the best thing for a 16 year old girl to be....BUSY! She teases me about writing on the blog everyday about heir school day. Are you going to have ....Day One hundred twenty two? She's such a smart mouth!

No comments: