Thursday, September 01, 2005

Great Day . . . TheThings I Like To Say

By Chris
Our crew has been saying I should put something up about the things I like to say. They say they're funny . . . here are some :

Great Day: Say it with the wrong emphasis and it doesn't sound right. Used in a sentence: "Daddy, I made the cheerleading squad, and I need $300 tomorrow for some of the stuff. We don't have to pay for the jacket yet though." says daughter. "Great Day," says dad.

Skuuu!: Used when something embarrassing happened to someone. Used in a sentence: "I was on stage, and my skirt stuck in my butt" Skuu. (This is came from the gulf war, when Skud missiles were used. A buddy of mine was in the VA Tech Corps of Cadets, who picked up on the military lingo)

Ask Carry: Used when a kid asks you to do something for them, that they should do themselves. Used in a sentence: "Dad, I'm thirsty," says kid. "Well, I bet Carry will get that for you," says dad. "Carry who," says kid. "Carry your butt in the kitchen and get it yourself," says dad.

Nunya: Used when someone is trying to get in something they shouldn't be. "Dad, what are you and mom talking about in there," says kid. "Nunya." (which is understood at the Greens to mean "None of your business."

Don't start nothin', won't be nothin' : Fairly new one. Used when someone is about to do something provocative or stupid in general. Used in a sentence. "I'm going to go tell him just what I think about him (in anger)" or can be used at the first sign of a sibling getting ready to antagonize another one. Then I say . . . Don't sart nothin, won't be nothin. It comes from Will Smith in Men in Black.

Guess what, Chicken Butt: Used as a silly game with kids. The smart ones catch on pretty quick. Katy still falls for it, sometimes. Used in a sentence: "Hey Katy, you know what!" . . . "What?" . . . "Chicken Butt. Stupid, huh? Really is funny though when someone falls for it like ten times in a row though. Comes from an old Saturday Night Live skit.

What , huh: Use this to really aggrevate daughter, wife or sister-in-law when they are trying to tell you someting. "Chris, let's get a movie," says wife. "What honey (sincerely)," says me. "Let's get a movie," "Huh (leaning in for emphasis" . . . "I want to get a movie" . . . . "What?" . . . "STOP IT!!!!" Heheheheheheh. Sometimes I can get them to repeat themselves six or seven times before they get it. Although, Lauren is pretty hip to it now.

There's many more . . . . will put them up later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We don't need TV in our neighborhood ... we just go to the Greens for entaintment.

Anonymous said...

Chris' PawPaw used to say "Great Day" like that.

"What, huh" sounds like George ... sorry Teresa ... Geoge must have rubbed off on Chris some.