Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Miss Geri

by teresa
I know that I have mentioned my neighbor Geri a few times on the blog. You probably feel as though you even know her yourself. Well, today is her birthday. So I wanted to give a great big shout out to her and her family. Happy Birthday Geri!!! Our entire block thinks very highly of her and her wonderful husband Chuck. They always give Nick lots of attention. They pay him to do odd jobs for them and Chuck even let Nick drive his riding lawnmower. I bet he doesn't even realize how HUGE of a deal that was for our Nick. She always has a big bowl of candy and snacks when you come over. I mean it looks like Halloween or something. She keeps the bowl full all year, for all the kids(her grandbabies and the neighborhood children). They have also been very generous to Lauren when she was raising money for her missions trips. And, if your ever board and nothing good is on TV, you just run across the street to Chuck and Geri's. They have a better movie selection than Blockbuster! If something new comes out on DVD, Geri is there buying it. And they always offer to let us borrow them. Sometimes before they have even watched it themselves. I have mentioned in the past how she loves to work in her garden. Well, often she brings over plants from her yard to me or my mom. She is a very giving and loving lady. It's like having another nanny, for ME and the kids. She even keeps my dad straight. It's great how God puts special people in your life. Thank you God for Miss Geri!!

No comments: