Sunday, September 18, 2005

My new job

by teresa
Tomorrow starts my third week with the kids in school all day. The first week was really different. Since Ben had half day kindergrden last year, I was never able to do much running around before he got home. But, now the kids are gone from 8:00-2:30 everyday. What's a girl to do with 6 1/2 hours of free time? Sounds exciting doesn't it? Well I can tell you that it got old after day three! I knew I had to find something to fill my time. so this week I start a volunteer job at Ben's school. Tuesday and Thursday for a few hours I will be .....THE ENFORCER! That means I get to sit at the security desk and make sure nobody enters the building without signing in at the office first, and nobody is in the hall who shouldn't be. Excuse me sir....can I see some I.D.? Yes maam...I'm going to have to search your purse! Stop running in the hall! Do you have a pass little boy? hahaha I hope the power doesn't go to my head.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I hadn't read about your new job in your Blog, I wouldn't have even known about it.

Chris . . . I think your Blogs are taking the place of personal interaction. That has to change!!!

Good luck on your first day of work, Teresa. The school is really blessed to have you!!