Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Off to "Work"

By Chris
I'm sure we'll hear more about this from Teresa soon (she'll probably kill me for commenting). But I had to chime in on her first day on the job as hall and door monitor at Ben's school. It was as big a milestone at the Green's as Lauren's drive to school this morning (I should have gotten a picture). She's dead serious about this. She's been full-time, all-the-time on mom duty since Nick was born more than 10 years ago, when we answered the call to install a full-time parent in the Green home. She didn't go in any jeans or sweat pants either. Decked out and color coordinated she was when I rolled out of bed at 7:30. She dropped me at the airport at 8:45, fretting about the mild traffic on the other side of Military Hwy heading home. She didn't need to be there until 10! You could walk from the airport to Norfolk Highlands in that time. She's so diligent. She wants to be there EARLY. She takes her jobs seriously . . . parenting, Sunday School teacher, volunteering . . . whatever she does she does all the day. No half-measures. I love that! She'll be running something there soon, I'm sure. And, of course, it's spread to Lauren's school. I'll let Teresa tell you about her new jobs there . . . Mom at High School -- Hehehehehehe. Lauren will LOVE IT.

I teased her that it would be great to get some of the jobs that come with money. I guess one is really not in her current career track for the money though.

No comments: