Thursday, September 29, 2005

Soccer Practice

By Chris
Last night was the final soccer practice before games start. I'm very particular about the team being ready for game time . . . You can't leave the sideline coaching during a game, so they all have to know where to go and when, or it looks really bad. I hate it when teams look unorganized during games. Even if you loose, you should at least have the kids prepared (and I've found you win more than loose on that alone). So I kept them little 5 and 6 year olds running last night, blowing the whistle, making them hurry in game situations for 35 minutes straight. Our bum suckler was kicking people in one drill, so I sat him down with a stern warning. . . he cried a little . . . I felt bad. Kristian and Ben are both getting pretty good. They really "get it" after a few seasons and they try really hard. Kristian is definitely going to be one of our goalies. Ben is about a quarter-field faster than the rest of the team, which is a real advantage in soccer. He also is very good controlling the ball

No comments: