Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Thrifty Mama

by teresa
Well, today is my favorite day of the week......tuesday! Why you ask? Tuesdays are half price days at my favorite thrift store! I look forward to it all week. It's 8:55. Every 60+ year old in tidewater and me are lined up outside the Union Mission thrift store in Indian River rd. They open the doors at 9:00 and I am barreling over these blue haired old women trying to get one of the 5 shopping carts that they have. It really is a rush getting something for a really good deal. And no one knows it's previously owned, unless your like me and brag about how I got an item for a steal. It feels like a treasure hunt.There's a fine art to thrift store shopping. It takes a good eye, an ability to turn on the blinders to the vast amount of junk you'll inevitably encounter on your excursions, and a heap of patience. It's not the quickest or the easiest path towards an abode filled and furnished with all your little heart has ever desired. But, thrift stores are one of the best places you can go to discover great stuff at prices that are just short of a steal.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A woman after my own heart! So ... did you find any treasures this week?

Gidget said...

Yes, I got Ben three pairs of pants, a shirt for Nick and 2 outfits for Kaden.

Anonymous said...

I love thrift store shopping, too.

It's a great place to go when you get the urge to go shopping. You don't do a lot of damage to your pocketbook and you really feel good about the bargains you find.

One time, though, I realized I bought something that I had donated on a previous visit.