Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Another Car Please!!

By Chris
It's been a long time since my car accident, which put our van into the shop. The rental ran out a couple of weeks ago. And we have been living on one car. One car for five very busy people. Too cheap to spring for more rental time. One car to get Teresa to her volunteer job, me to work, Lauren to EVERYTHING, Ben to school, soccer, karate; Nick to school and karate. Birthday parties, baby showers, church functions. ONE CAR. Particularly funny is the fact that several days I have to be driven to work. This morning, Teresa dropped me at the door with several co-workers in the parking lot. I hopped out with my brown bag lunch in hand. I looked like a 6th grader. Now I'm stuck here until around 6:00. That's a long time to sit still. Longer than I ever sit still really. I had to load up on Diet Coke from 7-11 before being dropped off. It's made me thankful that I have a job that keeps me moving alot. I would absolutely go crazy if I had to sit in my office all day, every day.

Yesterday I got the car, and Teresa and the Kids were stranded. Nick walked home from school. Seeing that he was carrying his huge Cello, a thoughtful neighbor, who works at the school, took the Cello to our house for him. Norfolk Highlands isn't the fanciest neighborhood, but that type of stuff happens all the time here. We know a bunch of people at the schools who live nearby, and they are . . . well . . . neighborly.

We hear the car may be done this weekend.

No comments: