Monday, October 03, 2005

Mt. Trashmore


by teresa
Saturday afternoon Chris took me and the kids(Ben, Kristian, Nick) to Mt. Trashmore to play. Or as Ben says...Mountain Trashmore. The kids love going there. The skate park....the play ground ....and......THE HILL! They shoot up the hill and are at the top before Chris and I are barely out of the parking lot. Good grief! I am OLD! I used to run up and down the hill with no problem. Now my knees are popping with each old lady step I take. We brought a soccer ball for them to play with. They rolled it down and kicked it up.....rolled it down and kicked it up. Again and again and again. They were also doing handstands. This is pretty hard on that steep mountain. We got tired just watching. Chris and I just sat at the top in a soft spot of grass. Taking pictures and watching the people flying kites and driving their RC cars. The kids went on the playground for awhile. Then we left and went to Golden Corral. After that we took Kristian home......chilled at Katys apartment a little while......and went home. It was a great afternoon.

No comments: