Thursday, November 10, 2005

bad mommy

by teresa
The other day I was busy cleaning the house and forgot to go outside and wait for Ben's bus. I usually sit on the porch and read the paper or pick weeds or talk on the phone....whatever I'm doing....I'm doing it out in the yard. Well....this day....I lost track of time. I had the front door open, but I was busy vacumming. I heard the front door shut and turned and saw Ben standing there, out of breath and very looking upset with me. Hey Ben....Sorry, I didn't realize it was time for you already....I said. And this is what my child said to me..............Mommy, you weren't out on the porch! So...I thought a robber had come in the house and killed you. I was afraid to come in the house because I was going to see you dead! And then he buried his head in my lap and cried for about 10 minutes. GOOD GRIEF! I felt really bad, to say the least. You can be sure I will be outside at least 10 minutes before his bus is due from now on!

No comments: