Sunday, November 06, 2005

Boy Time

By Chris
Teresa went to a baby shower today, and Lauren had my car running around. She helped out at a Special Olympics bowling event in Va. Beach early in the a.m., then to the mall with school friends and then the park with church friends. Sounds like a politician . . . a little charity work and stops with all the main constituent groups, hehe.

That left the boys at home, with no transportation, to entertain ourselves. As of now, Ben and Nick have spent about 5 hours in the back yard. First, we cleaned the cutters out. Teresa wouldn't approve, but I let them both go up on the ladder and and get a couple of scoops of the never ending pine straw that gathers up there. Ben thought it was really cool to be that high (and I'm certain I could have caught him if he fell!). We played a little basketball, and a bunch of football. Ben cried a couple of times . . . since Nick is so much bigger it hurts when he lands on him! But, he sucked it up everytime and wanted to keep playing. One time after a fall \ tackle he sort of gave out a little half giggle - half cry and said "I cracked all my knuckles at the same time." That one sort of worried me. It probably wouldn't go over too well if somebody broke something on my watch, and I had no car to get them to the doctor. Now, they are digging and getting really dirty. That wouldn't be high on mom's list of things to do, either. But, they are really enjoying playing together and they're not fighting, which is really, really rare. I think I might be on to something. Let them have some organized physical altercations, and it will cut down on the fighting. At one point, Ben asks me, "Since mom's gone can we eat lots of the candy?" , and he was very serious. Have I become soft? Why would he say that?

Oh, well. We had fun. Everybody survived. And I only let them have a little candy.

No comments: