Friday, November 04, 2005

Lazy Ironing

By Chris
Over the last few months, I've become pretty good at finding the shortcuts to traveling. One of my favorite tricks eliminates the need to iron. I unpack at the hotel, and hang up my clothes for the next day in the bathroom, turn the shower on hot and let the wrinkles fall out. Works like a charm if you've had your clothes pressed at the cleaners', which Teresa takes care of for me (I really appreciate that. She always keeps me cleaned and pressed).

Tonight I was talking to Teresa on the phone, when it hit me that I forgot about the clothes in the steam room! They were in there for at least 2 hours! It looked like it was raining in there when I opened the door, and the clothes were slightly more than damp. Water had collected on the ceiling, beeded up and was falling periodically. I litterally created a little weather system right here in my Marriott hotel room! Hopefully, the clothes will dry out before 6 a.m. tomorrow when I need to be at a meeting! This is the second time I've forgotten the clothes like this . . . all in all, it beats ironing though!!

No comments: