Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Moving Stuff Around

By Chris
It's been months since I bought the big-screen tv and sound system. I always assumed it would go in the den (as opposed to the "Blue Room" , which is the downstairs all-purpose computer, playstation, office, etc. . . . ). But, Teresa insisted on the Blue Room. So, that's where I put it. Setup was fairly intense, including crawling under the house, moving cable tv wiring and hooking up a gazillion wires for the surround sound system. But, the darn thing is so big, I just couldn't get far enough away from the screen. It seemed you could get a radiation burn, it was so close to the couch. My eyes and head would start hurting everytime I watched it. So, I have not watched it much. It's been mostly a game system monitor for the boys (which they love). That was, until yesterday, when Teresa came around to my way of seeing things (hehe). I had dropped the subject months ago, so I'm not sure what happened. I got home a little earlier than usual, and was thinking about catching a nap. Pretty rare stuff for me. "I'm glad you're here, I have something for you to do," Teresa says from downstairs. "Oh goodie! Something to do," I thought. Ends up, she wants to move the big screen, sound and all, to the den. Then, move the den tv and entertainment center to the Blue Room. No problem. I mean, it only took half a day to set it up the first time. I'm sure we can knock this out. I tried to grump out of it. Even though it's what I wanted. Guilt set in, and I got to work. Teresa assured me Nick could help. And, he actually did. He unhooked everything, helped move the entertainment center and big tv and a lot more. It only took a couple of hours start to finish. As it turns out, I was right all along! The big screen in the den is awesome! 51 inches of sitcoms and cable news looked darn good. And my head didn't hurt from being so close! I didn't even have to wear my glasses. College basketball kicks in heavy tonight, so this is just in time.

So, I think there is one underlying learning in all of this. Dad was right to start with! Let's document that, because it don't happen often.

No comments: