Saturday, November 12, 2005

Sharing the Car

By Chris
Lauren is totally over being nervous about driving. Long trips to Va. Beach fixed that. So, we're pretty much sharing my car now. I had to reiterate that it is my car, not hers and lay down some rules. She has a messy room, and quickly makes a messy car, which I hate. Three cd binders on the floor, all kinds of paper, water bottles everywhere . . . last time I got in the car after her. And, she re-programmed all the radio stations. Taking over! I told her, when she gets a job, she can get a car and do all that stuff. This is my car. Long talk about cleaning it. We'll see if it works. She also has scratched all around the key hole! This is so Lauren. "I didn't even realize I did it," she said. I'll have to get that buffed out now, and I'm going to make her pay for it when she gets a job. She has a long history of letting her hands get out of her control. She always was ripping on, writing on, painting on, putting holes in all kinds of stuff as a little kid. "Ooops," she'd say. You couldn't let her have anything. We always found ourselves saying stuff like "Why is there nail polish all over your radio?" "Who colored the inside of the closet door?" "How did that hole get in your wall?" "Why is there a perfectly cut hole in your pants?" and so on.

No comments: