Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Christmas lights

by teresa
I took the boys out to look at christmas lights tonight. I surprised them. At 7:30pm, when I usually get them in the shower, I said ,"get your shoes on....we are going out." They were sooooo excited! I stopped at 7eleven and got them hot chocolate and a donut each. And off we went. We went up and down all the streets in our neighborhood and then out to a house on kempsville that has about a hundred plastic light up characters on the lawn. We blared the christmas music most of the time....except when the boys took turns serenading me with rudolph the red nose reindeer. Ben kept messing up near the end of the song and starting back over again. Aaarrrggg! I thought Nick would explode waiting for his turn to sing. We were gone for an hour and then we came home and the boys climbed right into bed. And all is right in the world. (from "A Christmas Story")

No comments: