Thursday, January 26, 2006

Happy Birthday Mrs. Bastl


by teresa
This is a picture of Mrs. Bastl, a first grade teacher at Norfolk Highlands. Today is her birthday (I didn't want to be rude and ask how old she was). Her students told me today she is the queen. That's why whe has on the crown and robe. She's a real neat lady. Always happy and smiling. And believe me...I'm around enough to see these teachers get frazzled and snippy sometimes. But never Mrs. Bastl. She has been teaching at this school for 37 years! Can you believe that? I also attended this school ( I never had her...but I remember her). We got to talking today about all the teachers I had there. She of course knew them all. Mrs. Seward(1st grade) is a good friend of hers to this day....Mrs. Snead (2nd grade) they are good friends too. She is now a councelor at Portlock elementary. She used to pray with me before class about things that were going on in my home. Wow! You won't get that anymore! Mrs. Daley (4th grade)...Mrs. Bastl is her childs godmother. Neat.

No comments: