Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!

by teresa
Tonight we spent a few hours at the Mayhues new years party. Lots of good conversation, good food and football. Came home around 10:30 and hopped into our pj's. Then watched Dick Clark until midnight. He (Dick Clark) was very sad looking. Slurred speech and actually looked his age. He must have had a really bad stroke. I felt like crying. Anyway.....Lauren went to a Megan's house after work to spend the night. Megan's mother said they were going to eat hot wings and watch "the march of the penguins" on dvd. Party on! Nick fell asleep on the couch about 5 minutes after we got home.











Ben stayed up until midnight (his first time). He went outside with me and banged a pot (my mom and I always do this). Mom, dad and Geri were all outside when we went out there. We said our happy new years and stood in the street watching all the fireworks going off in the neighborhood. And I'm not talking about just sparklers (which dad had), I'm talking full blown fireworks! They are illegal in Va. But that doesn't stop the rednecks around here. It sounds like missles are going off outside my window. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments: