Thursday, January 19, 2006

I'm a Kings Kid!!

by teresa
Nick had a hard morning today. He actually got up on his own and got himself dressed(his clothes were layed out for him). When he came down Ben was just about to walk out the door for the bus. Mom came over....here is an egg and cheese sandwich dad made for Ben...she said. Well...Ben got excited about this(he usually eats at school). But like I said, we were literally walking out the door (coats and bookbag on). Nick overheard and comes running around the corner (he had just come down and hadn't eaten either...he always eats breakfast at home). Now if Nick wasn't up Ben would have just said....no thanks to the sandwich, because he loves eating at school. But because Nick was interested...he wanted it. They were both crying over the sandwich. I ended up giving it to Nick beacuse we needed to get outside for the bus. Ben had a fit! He cried the whole time waiting for the bus. Then, before I came in from the porch, I could hear Nick crying (for the second time this morning). I run to the door. He is holding his head and screaming at Lauren. Apparently Lauren was burning a cd and walked away from the computer. Nick walked up to the computer and clicked cancel. Lauren caught him (and instead of calling me in from the porch) she hit him in the head. Nice! So I walk into world war III. Now there is somethng you need to know about my children. When they are hurt....they get embarrassed and mad. Even as little ones...if they fell down, you would have to look the other way or they would start yelling at you. Weirdos! When I came in and tried to comfort Nick (and chew out Lauren), he was defensive and hostile. Not the way you want to start out a school day. He has enough anxieties about going to school as it is. I don't need him feeling like we are all against him. After a few minutes of "attitude" (it brings out the worst in me), I decided to ask Nick if he would like me to pray for him. He laughed at me at first...then after some talking he started crying and held my hands. We prayed that God would be the master of his hands and mouth and thoughts and heart today and everyday. That the devil was trying to get him in trouble...and he needed to not let him win. I added some more in about his friends and protection over the school and blessings on his teacher and the staff. Then I had him repeat after me....Devil...get your hands off me in the NAME OF JESUS! We stopped and I went about my business of readying the kids for school. I didn't mention it anymore. We left about 20 minutes later. Nick was smiling and skipping out to the car saying...I'm a Kings Kid....I'm a Kings Kid ( I had said that during our prayer) :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! You are the best Mom in the world!!! I'm so grateful you're the Mom of my Grandchildren.

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way, Teresa.

Prayer really does change things!