Thursday, January 05, 2006

lauren...duh....

by teresa
Just remembered a funny thing that happened over the holidays. Lauren used the honda just about everyday when school was out. Work, shopping, parties, lots of activities. Well, one day the car was in need of gas. She usually uses it up and leaves it for us. this time she needed to go somewhere before we did. Hey guys....the car is out of gas....lauren says. Well Lauren, I guess that's your problem and not ours....dad says. I don't want to spend my money on it....lauren says. I'm Christmas shopping for Nick, Ben, you guys, and all my friends today. do you have any cash....she asks. NO!...dad says. Well, right before she left I snuck her my Visa checkcard. I told her to go get gas and bring me back my card and the reciept. I hurried her off before Chris caught on to us. I figured he wouldn't want her using it.....but I got swayed by the fact that she was getting us all gifts with her first paycheck. Anyhow.....a few minutes later the phone rings. It's Lauren. I answer. Mom...she says. I am at the gas station and I put your card in the machine....and it won't come out. It just keeps asking for the card again. GREAT!! What have you done Lauren...I ask. Well....I think I put the card in the slot where the reciept comes out. WHAT???? I put it in and it wouldn't take it. So i shoved it in thinking that's what I needed to do. NOOOOOOO! What should I do mom? Now all this time i am in the kitchen trying to whisper my frustration to her. DON'T LEAVE, I said. Get someone to get my card out now!!!!!
she sounded terrified. If you know Lauren , then you know she hates to ask strangers anything. I hung up and tried to go about my business. About ten minutes later Lauren returned with a full tank and my card. She told me....the gas station attendant had to come unlock the machine for her and pull the card out from the inside. Her told her that has actually happened to other before. Duh!!!!!

After all that sneaking and frustration......I found out later that Chris had snuck his card to her when she went out with her friends to tropical smoothie cafe.

Are we good parents are what? Don't answer that!

No comments: