Tuesday, January 24, 2006

mad dash

by teresa
This morning when I went to wake Ben up he told me he was too tired. He said he wanted me to take him to school (instead of riding the bus) so he could sleep some more. Ok..that's fine with me. So I put away some clothes...showered(quickly)...started to blow my hair dry....then I hear...Maaaameee...I changed my mind. I want to ride the bus. WHAT? Of course now I will have to run upstairs, dress Ben, wash his face, get him to brush his teeth, brush his hair, find his lunch money, put his coat on him, load him with his backpack, and get to the street....all in about 90 seconds. Oh...and by the way...I was not dressed either! We made it, but barely!And luckily no neighbors were outside to see me in a night shirt and wet hair. Ben bounced on to the bus smiling...liked he'd been up for hours. He turned and said...I love you mommy...see you in an hour. *sigh*

No comments: