Friday, January 13, 2006

nap time?

by teresa
Yesterday afternoon when Lauren got home from school I asked her to clean her room. Vacuum it and hang up all her clean clothes and make her bed. She had less than two hours before she had to be back to cheer. She grumbled and went upstairs. I yelled up.....VACUUM NOW PLEASE about every five minutes. Katy came over with the kids and afterawhile I said....did you ever hear the vacuum? So I called Lauren's cell phone (I know...that's pathetic....but sometimes it's the only way to get her attention). Hello..she says (all drowsy). LAUREN...WHAT ARE YOU DOING? I was sleeping...she says. GET DOWN HERE NOW! So she comes down. Lauren...clean your room please....you have to go soon. Mom...I don't have enought time to clean my room. I have to get there early and make signs. WHY DID YOU GO TO SLEEP? I didn't mean to fall asleep....she says. I just layed on the bed. ARRRGGGHHH (the pirate growl). Did she really think that was going to work? HA! DOUBLE HA!.... HA! HA! Then she just walks upstairs (without the vacuum), as if she is ignoring me and getting her things for the game. I told Katy....I would keep her from the game if she comes down without cleaning that room. A few minutes went by...she still hadn't gotten the vacuum. I called her again. LAUREN...GET THE VACUUM! I am making my bed and hanging up all my clothes. I'll get the vacuum in a minute. Now that's more like it!

No comments: