Thursday, January 05, 2006

reading month

by teresa
January is reading month at Ben's school (I thought every month was reading month:). They sent home an activities calendar with a different thing (involving reading or storytelling) to do with the family each night. You must initial each day...sign the bottom...and return it when the month is over. I think that if you return it completed you get a treat or something. This is tonights required activity: Have a scavenger hunt for different things such as a picture of an athlete, temperatures, favorite cartoon, the time for a movie of tv program in the newspaper or a magazine. Cut them out and make a collage on a sheet of paper.

We missed yesterdays activity. So we will have to it it tonight. Ben is insisting! The activity is: Each person tells a story at the dinner table. Decide who's story is the best.

Do these things with your family. I'll give you the new activities each day.

5 comments:

Gidget said...

We all told stories at dinner...they said mine won. Yeah me!
Chris and Ben did the collage while I was changing. It looks pretty good. Nice job dad.

Gidget said...

My story was about a girl who jumped off the tailgate of a moving truck. Her friends were in the back of the truck too...and they dared her. They said they were going to do it too. Then they tricked her....she juped off and they didn't. She got dragged behind the truck for a few houses on her knees. Ouch! Her knees were all bloody and tore up. She pretended it didn't hurt, ran home and washed them off with the hose beside the house so she wouldn't get in trouble. PEER PRESSURE...it's a powerful thing.

I think my story won because of the blood.

Anonymous said...

Is that a real story or did you make it up?

Gidget said...

I'll never tell.....

Anonymous said...

Yeah ... I'm pretty the blood put you over the top.