Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Stupid Dog!

by teresa
Last night our dog Shorty escaped form the yard. I let him out in the backyard around 8:00pm, not knowing that the gate was slightly opened. After a few minutes went by I opened the door to let him back in and he was not on the porch waiting. I called....no shorty! Upon inspection I saw the gate open just a crack. Oh man....stupid dog! It was cold....wet....and dark. I wasn't going out to look for him. The boys were in bed, Lauren was cheering and Chris was at ODU. So, I stood on the front porch whistling for awhile.....with no response. So I went back to my crossword puzzle. Oh be quiet...you would have done the same thing! Stupid dog! We'll, after an hour had passed and he didn't come scratch on the door, I got up and went to the porch. Just then I saw Chris pulling into the driveway. Good! I'll tell him to go look for the dog! He opened his door and ......out jumped Shorty! What? Chris said he was driving down our street and noticed a car stopped at our corner with it's door open. He pulled up and realized the person was trying to get something into it's car. SHORTY! He opened his car door and yelled out Shorty's name.....Shorty came running and hopped into the passenger seat. Chris drove him home and he jumped out and ran into the house. then went straight to the back door as is he needed to go out again. Yeah right! I wasn't falling for that one again! We also noticed that he didn't have his collar on. The boys must have taken it off....and now I can't find it. So I will be going to petsmart today to get a new one and a tag with his name and address on it. I wonder if those people were going to try to find his home or keep him? I can't believe that dog was going to jump into a strangers car! After all I do for him! Stupid dog!

No comments: