Monday, February 06, 2006

11 degree wind chill...yikes!

by teresa
Friday Nick and George are going with the Royal Ranger group from church on their winter campout in West Virginia. Nick has never been camping before. I guess you can't count the time we went to Yogi's Jellystone campground and stayed in the "comfort" cabins. (A/C, micro.,2 bdrms,deck,etc.) If George wasn't going..we wouldn't have even given it a second thought. He is very excited about it (especially since he will miss one day of school). I went out today and bought all the things on the list they gave us. I thought he had alot of it..but upon further examination...and trying on...I realized I had alot of buying to do. But it's done now. long johns, thermal socks, snow bibs, hiking boots, etc. I got hom a whistle that I told him to keep around his neck in case he gets lost. Although I'm sure he will be George's shadow for the weekend. I just hope everybody has patience with him. He can get a little paniced sometimes and dramatic...and I don't want him far from home feeling anxious! Get it! Got it! Good!
I checked the weather forecast online today. The high for the week is 34 and the low 22. It said they have had snow and the wind chill is 11 degrees! Good grief! Chris told him he is lucky to have George to take him on (manly) things like this. Because you will NEVER catch Chris camping out anywhere! Anyway..Nick has always been very drawn to George. I mean the guy used to jump out of airplanes for goodness sakes....what kids not going to be won over by that? That's as cool as it gets!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the Royal Rangers commanders will be patient with Nick ... those guys are great. He'll have a great time ... hangin' with the guys in the woods. I don't get it, but, I'm sure Nick and Geoge will enjoy it. Nick is George's boy ... I imagine he will not let him out of his sight.