Thursday, February 02, 2006

I AM the library!

by teresa
To say I love books would be a huge understatement. I love books and have TONS of them! Lauren came down this morning....mom...are you going to the library today? No, Lauren...I didn't plan on it. Well..mom...I need some books for English (she started here new block schedule on Mon.). Well Lauren...what do you need? Here mom..I have a list. Can you go to the library and get me a few of these? I looked at the list. Pride and Prejudice, Emma, Jane Eyre, Robinson Crusoe, Lord of the Flies, How Green was my valley, 1984, Treasure Island, Gulliver's travels, the Hobbitt, The time Machine, Ivanhoe, Alice in wonderland...the standards. I said ...Lauren...did you look in my books? No...do we have any of these? We walked over...we had ALL of the books I have listed. There are more books on the list...and I think I have some of them too. I need to put together my new bookshelf so I can separate some of my titles. It's hard to see what you have when the shelves are stacked in rows of three. Anyway...now Lauren is all set for her class. Of course there is still my issue of not liking to share my books. Maybe I'll have her put down a deposit before she can take one out of the house. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How many books do you think you have in your library? I'll bet you could fill up a whole room full of bookcases. Next time I'll try to find one already assembled.