Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I can do that in my sleep

by teresa
Last night I ended up not getting to bed until 11:30pm. Lauren was up doing homework and learning two dances for cheering practice today. They gave them a dvd with the dances on them, so they could practice at home. Anyway...we were up late. When I opened my bedroom door, Ben sat up in the bed (eyes closed). Ben? He smile at me...eyes still closed. I'm sorry for waking you honey...I said. He patted the pillow beside him for me to lay there....eyes still closed. I crawled in next to him and he leaned over to whisper something to me. I put my face near to his...thinking he is going to kiss me or say I love you (he is very affectionate when he is half asleep). This is what he whispered to me......read to me. What? It's almost midnight honey. Just for a few minutes...please? So I reached over and grabbed a book (of course I had one at hand). I read and every few minutes I would say...are you awake? He would shake his head to signal he was. After 15 minutes...he never responded again. So I cut off the lights and went to sleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww ... how sweet. Ya'll are such a blessing ... thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Ben better win that contest. There couldn't possibly be another child who is trying so hard and who has a Mommy like you!