Monday, February 06, 2006

The J Team

By Chris

I'm a big believer in automobile preventative maintenance (they really cost a lot of money!!). So, with Lauren doing a bulk of the driving in MY car, I've been telling her to get it up to Jiffy Lube for it's regular oil \ filter change (plus the vacuuming it needs real bad since she's been driving it). I've been telling her to do it for some time now, and she has been a little nervous about it. I guess she's worried they're going to ask her to change the oil?? Not having the car today, she called after school to ask if I could bring it to her . .. so she could get the oil changed! A pretty good tactic to get the car for the rest of the night so she could hang with her friends before the basketball game tonight at school. So, supposedly, she was doing that this afternoon. We'll see how it went.

Of course, Teresa couldn't stay totally out of it. She called the Jiffy Lube we use, got an exact price quote, and told them her daughter was coming up (and, by implication I guess, letting them know not to rip her off). She's a good mommy. I'm betting this will be the first time two cheerleaders showup, in uniform, to get an oil change. "Uhh, could you like, uhh, change our oil?" Hehehe

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol! Can't wait to read about this one.