Friday, March 03, 2006

Addie

by teresa
Soccer practice was great. A new batch of kids and parents. They all seem to be nice. Only two kids didn't show up...but I called them when we got home and they said they would be there for Saturdays practice. It's neat to see the kids running up to the field, all excited, asking...are you coach Green? Everybody seemed to have the basics down (which is wonderful). One kid even goes to karate with the boys. One little girl came up with her grandmother. The kid looked sooo familiar to me. I couldn't place her at first. Her grandmother was also very familiar. Did I know her from school? Church? Another soccer team? Then her grandmother said her name....Addie. Then it hit me where I knew this kid from. Do you guys remember the blog about the brat in Food Lion that was throwing a fit and yelling at her grandmother? http://chesapeakegreens.blogspot.com/2005/10/brat.html This is the kid!!!!!! I didn't blog this...but I saw her again around Christmas in Target. She was with her mother and they were infront of me walking out. Her mother was loud and they were fussing at each other very loudly. That's what got my attention, and then I realized it was the kid from Food Lion. She was fussing her mother up and down...and then she dropped her slushy (she had just purchased from the food court). It went all over her and her mother. (I laughed to myself...thinking, she gets it) The mom snatched her up and said ...we are going back there and getting you another one...and telling them they gave you a cup that exploded. What? The kid dropped it...it didn't explode! Anyway...I thought is was so weird that I crossed paths with this monster of a kid again. Now the girl is on our soccer team. Okay God...obviously this is no coincidence! I obviously I am supposed to speak in this childs life. She is now...my special little project! Knowing her attitude problems, I immediatley took her under my wing. Pouring on the sweetness! She was very grumpy when her grandmother walked her over... but as the pratice went on I could see that she was enjoying herself. I was making sure of it! Lots of ...way to go Addie!! Great kick Addie!!! You can do it Addie!! etc. After practice she came over and talked to me for a minute. she said her dad coaches a professional soccer league in richmond. Wow! I said...I bet he will love to see you play (she's never played soccer before). She said...I don't think he would come to see me....and just walked away. **CRUSH** The grandmother had told me on the phone about the dad....and that it was just her and her daughter taking care of Addie. The dad is uninvoled. Now I know...she is not a brat!! She is a wounded little girl. Just acting out all the hurt feelings she must have. PRAY FOR HER...and me, that I will say and do the right things to help her. I was reading this morning and praying and found this...Father of the fatherless, heal the children whose homes are ravaged by divorce, abandonment and domestic violence. Protect them from physical harm and emothional scars. Bring people to them that will pour their healing word into the broken place in their heart. Work you healing grace into the life of every emotionaly disturbed child. Protect them and others from the anger, hurt and fear that ensnares them. Amen!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Teresa,

It really chokes me up to read about Addie and how God is clearly using you to show her His Love. I will pray for you and for Addie and her family. There is no telling what God has planned, and to know He chose you to be a part of it is really a wonderful and awesome responsibility.