Thursday, March 09, 2006

beware of the dog...and owner!

by teresa
I set up Shorty's yearly checkup with the vet for next Wed. Neither him nor I look forward to these appointments. He has a "thing" about any strangers coming up to him (especially sticking things in his butt). Also he doesn't like anyone approching his "people". So previous vet visits have not been pleasant. The year before lasts he acted so poorly that the vet told me...next year you have to let your husband bring him because he does not respect you enough to obey! Excuuuuuse me!! He said that Shorty knows Chris is the leader of our pack. And that Shorty thinks he is my equal. That's why he only listens to Chris. Well...I never! So last year Chris took him and what do ya know...he was an angel! No barking...peeing...growling...biting! Just out of spite (and to show the vet I am an Alpha dog to be reckoned with) I am going to take Shorty on my own. I'll let you know how it goes. Grrrrrr ruff!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get 'em Fido :)

Anonymous said...

Shorty needs to learn not to mess with the one who feeds him.