Monday, March 06, 2006

Catch a fire for God!

by teresa
I used Lauren's car this morning to take Ben to school(he has given up rinding the bus in the morning because he realized he can sleep an extra 45 minutes if I just take him). I started Lauren's car and some music came blaring from the radio. It was saying something about gettin on something...doin something all night...over and over. Yikes! What is this on the radio? Then I noticed....it wasn't the radio...it was a cd!!!! I popped it out and it had ...Erikas mix written on the front. Erika is a fellow cheerleader, and Lauren has given her a ride home before. Either this is hers, or Lauren had her burn it for her. Either way...I'm not having it!!!! I almost broke it...but then decided that if it was Erika's, that wouldn't be right. I thought the best thing to do is remove it from the car and replace it with a more appropriate cd. I dug through Chris' car
(sorry honey) and pulled out some Kirk Franklin...Toby Mac...etc. About 4 cd's in all. Then I put one in the player and turned it up and then turned the car off...so it would be waiting for her when she got in. Awhile later when she left, I stood on the porch and watched her face as she started the car. She looked funny and then rolled down her window. All I said was...You can give Erika back her lovely mix...OK? She lowered her eyes and said...ok. She knew people...she knew that mess wasn't right!! She just needs a little reminding sometimes!
Here's the song I had on....Toby Mac...Catchafire!

Slackin' off like a bum, I'm feelin' ho hum
I'm feelin' luke warm like the water in my tub
Started out and we was hot, looked up and now we're not
We had that fire like we was boilin' in a pot
Whoopsi-daisy, whoopsi-daisy, whoopsi-daisy Come, we gonna catch that Fire,
I'm feenin' for a flicker
Then we'll fan the flame up into something bigger
Started out and we was hot, looked up and now we're not
We gonna catch a fire, catch a fire for God
Whoopsi-daisy, whoopsi-daisy, whoopsi-daisy Come, we gonna catch that
Whoopsi-daisy, call me crazy, whoopsi-daisyCome, we gonna catch that Fire,
takin' it from warm to hot
Fire, gotta give it all we got
Fire, whoopsi-daisy, call me crazy, whoopsi-daisyCome, we gonna catch that
Spark to a flame, I'm flippin' up my game
I caught the fire and I'll never be the same
So unexplainable I can't contain it, son
And my retaining it would only be a shame
So let me hear you say Heat, like the Kingston concrete
There ain't no stoppin' the fire
We're straight breakin' groundThere ain't no cooling this thing down
We burnin' up and keep'n it krunk as we know how
Hear me now people
Catch a fire let it burn within
Catch a fire let it burn for him

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you handled that so well. The darkness cannot stay in the Light.

Anonymous said...

Ditto! Lauren probably likes the CDs you put in there better anyway :)