Friday, March 10, 2006

Cheeseburger Salad at the Black Dog

By Chris

I have been a big fan of the Black Dog Cafe . . . a little lunch place on the bottom floor of the office building next to mine. Office mates and I go often. In fact, maybe too often. They know us by name; and have memorized our favorites. Having sufficiently drawn us in, and a bunch of other office dwellers in the Commerce Park, they have now added TV's with cable, board games and cards (including UNO). If you're not careful, you could waste hours over there with all the food and diversions. They're so busy now, it gets pretty loud and festive. It's funny to watch some of the guys get all serious and run outside when their cell phones ring. . . to get away from the noise. Reminds me of the commercial for the bar \ restaurant where everyone gets quiet so the one dude can put off his boss. It's a good hideaway too. If you're not going to it, you will not find it.

Their new menu change really has me hooked, though. I was into their chicken ceasar and chef salads. But, it's sort of hard to order those now that they've added the Cheeseburger Salad. Mmmmmm. That's my kind of salad. It has a bunch of lettuce, tomatoes, onions, dill pickles and shredded cheese topped off with four mini cheeseburgers, fresh off the grill, with american cheese melting on each one. The hot burgers also make the shredded cheese soft. It's topped with A-1 sauce and ranch dressing (sometimes I skip the A-1. Without it, it's practically carb-free!).

Teresa thinks it's pretty funny that every night around 10 p.m. lately, the Blackberry is blinking with a message from the Black Dog letting me know what the next day's specials are (The specials are sort of like school lunch's "hot lunch" option.). I think I hear the Dog calling now . . .

Check out the dog online: www.blackdogcatering.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a really great place to eat. Better than the Gourmet Gang.