Thursday, March 16, 2006

Conversation with Nick

by teresa

Conversation between me and Nick....

Nick: Mom...I think there are four important birthdays in your life.

Mom: Yeah...which ones?

Nick: I think it's 13...because then your a teenager
I think it's 16...because it's your sweet sixteen, and you can drive
I think it's 18...because then your an adult and then you can watch rated R movies
And then it's 100...just because it's a miracle that your still around

Mom: Yep...your right. Except for that rated R movies thing. You shouldn't ever watch them. :)

Nick: I know...I'm not going to, I was just saying you'd be able to!

Nick: Mom...how old is grandaddy Dyer?

Mom: I think he is going to be 89 this summer

Nick: Wow! He could live to be like...100.....I mean if he doesn't have some freak accident. Like someone shooting him or something!

Mom: What??

Nick: It happens!

I've got to stop letting him watch the evening news!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The MOST important birthday is the day we were born.

Anonymous said...

The rated "R" movie comment reminds me of a conversation between the teacher of our church Sunday School class and one of the other church members that was attending the class:

Teacher: "Now how would you feel if you decided to attend a rated 'R' movie and the Savior came in and sat down next to you?"

Church Member: "Actually, I'd feel a whole lot better about choosing to go the movie in the first place!" :)