Friday, March 17, 2006

Crackberry Withdrawal

By Chris

It's only been a few hours without it, but I am Jonesin' hard for my Black, uhh, Crackberry. It might sound annoying, but I've gotten kinda of used to looking out for that blinking red light letting me know that a new email has arrived. Click it quick . . . see nothing big is going on . . . make a quick response . . . move on with your life. Now, I have this strange disconnected sensation every half hour or so. It's not that I spent too much time communicating with the thing. I think I just have become hooked on the reassurance it gave me that I wasn't missing anything. No wondering about what unexpected evil lurks in the inbox next time you fire up the computer. Now, I find myself grabbing the laptop every few minutes, just to see what's there. But that doesn't help when you leave the house. No strapping this oversized band-aid for my information habit to my belt tomorrow as I roam around town! Ohhhh I really hope my replacement arrives early Monday morning!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What does Jonesin mean?

Gidget said...

hahaha. Means you really gotta have something. Like I've seen you jonesin' for cake and ice cream from time to time. hehe