Friday, March 24, 2006

First Game Alert

by teresa
Last night was our last practice before the game on Saturday. We scrimmaged the other team that practices at our same field. And...not trying brag or anything...Ben scored a goal right away! Yeah for Ben! He looked so proud and confident...I love that. Our other two never really gave a hoot about sports. Lauren played basketball for 6 years...soccer for 4 of those years...and 4 seasons of softball. But she was never really into it. Never cared about the score or how she did. She is just too easy going! Nothing bothers her. Now she does love cheering (I guess that's a sport :)and is very good at it. To excel in sports you need to WANT IT!!! And that's what Ben has...a NEED to win! Now Nick on the otherhand...we signed him up for soccer once. ONCE! He wouldn't go out on the field without me. He didn't even make it to the first game. He will tell you....sports just isn't my thing. Although he loves Karate (no score). It's more his speed. He will tell you...I love to cook...cut grass and play the cello. That's my boy! So when we saw that animal instinct to DOMINATE in Ben....we were taken aback. Us...we have a kid that wants the ball? Wants to run fastest? Wants to score? It's exhilerating I tell ya! Anyway...our first soccer game is Saturday at 10:00 (at georgetown)...cousin Kai's game is at 12:00 at the same place. I will take loads of picks (while running up and down the field screaming :)

1 comment:

Mom2the6Rs said...

Teresa, I linked to your blog through the Big Yellow House (or down in the trenches or whatever Chris has changed it to be called). I read her blog everyday, it is a kick. Anyway, I am posting here because I have a weight loss blog I thought you might be interested in. Here is the address: www.julieatethis.blogspot.com If you want to join our group(it is a kick), just send me your email address and I can add you on. My email is shutterbugphoto@hotmail.com

Julie (AKA. Mom2the5rs)