Saturday, March 04, 2006

frozen feet

by teresa
This morning we had soccer practice at 9:00am. It was soooooo darn cold, I could hardly stand it! I had a long sleeve shirt...sweatshirt..and a winter coat (buttoned to my ears) and I was still freezing. You would kick the ball and your toes would sting for about 10 minutes. But none of the kids complained at all. Some even wore soccer shorts. My son included. I had long pants picked out..but I was informed by Ben that soccer players do not wear long pants. Whatever! It's no use arguing with him. One of the kids on our team has a power foot. Kristian and him were going head to head on a play and he kicked the ball and hit her in the hand. She cried for a few minutes...and then got right back into the practice. I know it must have hurt some kind of awful. Her hands were like blocks of ice. The weather is so weird. I gaurantee...in the next week or so we will be sweating in practice. My special little project came to practice....SMILING. She ran from the car...gave me a hug...and joined in with warmups. YES!!! Her mother just drove off. I haven't even met the woman yet. Your not supposed to leave the practice field. I know it was too cold to sit on the bleachers...so most parents stayed in the car. But you just can't leave them there. What if they get hurt. Good grief! I'll have to make a memo about that and give it out at Tuesdays practice. Other thatn the fact that it was freezing...the practice went great. I think we are going to be really good this year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it weird how it feels much colder here that it did on a snow covered mountain? Things that make you go hmmmmm. That's awesom that Addie showed up with at smile ... she was glad to see you. I'm guessing she doesn't get many hugs at home. I'll be praying for her, her Mom and you. I really believe God has chosen you to minister to this family.