Saturday, March 25, 2006

Game One: Strikers vs. Tornados

by teresa
Our first soccer game of the season was this morning. The score was six to zero. WE WON! It was soo exciting! Ben and another boy scored twice each, and then two mores kids each scored once each. Kristian did wonderful too. She played goalie one quarter and defender once and frontline once. She got in a lot of great kicks! My voice is hoarse from screaming...I mean cheering. And we even had four kids out sick. So everybody (except one kid) had to play all four quarters! And it was cold too! But they really hung in there and I am so proud of them. Here's a picture from half time when they were sitting and having oranges.











Now we are off to Kai's game. It's his first time playing (and Katy's first time coaching without us) and we are excited to see how he(and she) will do. I'll post some pics. later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I love the picture, especially the kid on the left doing the orange slice smile! There always has to be at least one kid doing that with orange slices around!

Gidget said...

I know...that is so cute! One year I got everyone to do the "orange smile" for a picture...it's a classic.