Friday, March 17, 2006

Happy Birthday Daddy

By Chris

Got home late last night, returning from Baltimore on my birthday. I came in to find Lauren was the only one up, and she had gotten me two cards and some candy for my birthday (Peanut Butter cups and Pop Rocks . . . only she probably gets why I think Pop Rocks are cool . . . but I was surprised she remembered that). She wrote in one card: "I liked both of the cards, so I just got both." She even had them labeled as to which to open first. It was pretty sweet. I guess you're doing pretty good if you've gotten through to your daughter's junior year in high school and she is thoughtful enough to buy cards and gifts on her own for you and wait up for you on your birthday.

One card was funny. The other really thoughtful.

Funny:
"On your b-day, wear this button to show your position of authority in the family (with a picture of a proud dog on the front)." Open up to a button that says "I'm the boss." and the words: "But don't forget to give it back to mom tomorrow." Hahaha. She and I joke about mom being in charge all the time.

Thoughgful:
Outside has textured manly letters: "D - A - D"
Inside: "Anyone can be a father, but it takes a special man to be a dad. With love to a great dad - and a great friend. Happy Birthday"

That's a sweet knucklehead right there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww ... that's so sweet. You are doing such a great job, Dad!