Friday, March 17, 2006

Hop on the Bus Gus

by teresa
This morning Nick told me he had the best dream ever. Mom...he said...I dreamed last night that Nanny Jackie (Chris' mom) owed a big bus. Like the one we took for our fieldtrip. And she drove us around everywhere in it. Then we took it on a long vacation to Tennessee and took turns driving it. I drove it real good, because my legs are as long as yours (he's correct in that...at a mere 5 feet my 10 year old son has already caught up to me in height). It was so fun mommy. I woke up sooo happy. I did real good in my dream, so I think I will drive real good when I get my license. I told him to just keep practicing (in his dreams) and he'll be great by the time he turns 16.

I don't know about your kids...but my sons have a bus OBSESSION! It started at kindergarten with their first bus ride. And has now escalated to "Rain Man" level. Especially with Ben. Everyday when he gets home he rattles off all the bus numbers at his school and the order in which they were parked that day. Here's an example of his speech...Well mommy, first there was bus 45...that's my bus, he is usually first in line..but sometimes bus 160 gets there before him. But not today...today it was bus 45. Then bus 160...she gets there early because she has to hurry up and finish and the pick up kids from Nick's school too. Then it was bus 32...that lady always gives out suckers. Then it was bus 220...it was subbing for bus 50 because bus 50 needed to get new tires.....AND THIS GOES ON AND ON AND ON! Good grief!
And don't even get me started about his first chartered bus ride for a field trip. Mooooommm! It was HUUUUUGE! and it had a BATHROOM and everything! COOL!

Maybe I should surprise them and take them on the city bus. I have never been on a city bus before. We could find a bus stop and ride to the mall or something. How do you even pay? Is there tokens...or do you give them cash? I wonder if they take a visa checkcard. Is it like a dollar...or more? Then we could take pictures and put them on the blog. Cool!

2 comments:

Gidget said...

And, on the other hand, for years now, you couldn'd pay Lauren to get on a bus. Not cool
Dad

Anonymous said...

Never been on a city bus, huh? When I was a kid we rode city buses everywhere (including to school) ... or walked. Walked twenty miles to school, in the snow, with holes in our shoes too :) ... hehehe just kidding about that. I bet the boys would love that adventure.
I love it that I was in a cool dream. Wonder what I would do with the bus when we weren't on vacation. Perhaps have a bus ministry.