Saturday, March 18, 2006

Psych. Central

by teresa
Well last night we all had an interesting evening. A young woman from our church (Christin) is in some Psych. doctoral program at a local University and her group needed a study family. She said they needed to be a normal non- dysfuntional family. And she thought we would be great for it. Boy...do we have her fooled! :) Someone in her class has used Nick as a test subject in the passed (which he loved by the way). He keeps asking me to call this guy and see if his results showed how smart he is. Anyway they (Shannon and Annie) came over last night to quiz us. Let me just say...they were adorable! Young (early 20's, beautiful, thin, styled straight out of an abercrombie ad) and sweet. Very complimentary of our house and offspring. I liked them from hello. It was about 2 hours of questions ranging from our complete family trees....to what goals we have for our family(Nick said his goal was to have a riding lawnmower). Our strengths and weaknesses...and what roles each of us play. They also asked...outside of the family unit, who does each of us spend the most time with? Hmmmm...that was a tough one for me! I have no friends outside of the family unit (besides my blogging buddies...sometimes I feel as though I know ya'll). My best friends (besides my husband) are my sister and mom. We realized that we are kinda like the Kennedy compound over here. Remember my family is right next door...Chris' family is one block over! We all see each other everyday...and go to the same church! We are so tight and involved with each other...that we seldom make time for outsiders. Hmmmm...I think I need to work on that! Ben was bouncing around the entire interview....blurting out comments about dogs and cars and how he likes recess and lunch and taking peoples drink orders. At one point we had all ended up on the couch...piled on top of each other (the boys are always hanging all over Chris) and one of the girls remarked how cute a picture we would make. When of course Ben hopped up and got the camera and asked her to take a picture of us. Good grief! He is sooo not shy! They left smiling and didn't call the paddy wagon to come pick us all up....so I think it went good. Here's the pic.









Something funny I read:
Hello. Welcome to the Psychiatric Hotline
If you are obsessive-compulsive, please press 1 repeatedly.
If you are co-dependent, please ask someone to press 2.
If you have multiple personalities, please press 3, 4, 5, and 6.
If you are paranoid-delusional, we know who you are and what you want. Just stay on the line so we can trace the call.
If you are schizophrenic, listen carefully and a little voice will tell you which number to press.
If you are manic-depressive, it doesn't matter which number you press. No one will answer.
If you are anxious, just start pressing numbers at random.
If you are phobic, don't press anything.
If you are anal retentive, please hold.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture. So that's what a normal family looks like.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the new computer background picture. Love the picture too ... we are soooo blessed ... right, Karen??