Friday, March 24, 2006

Skippyjonjones

by teresa
Mom gave Chris a Barnes and Noble gift card last week for his birthday. Yesterday he said to me....the book I want is at the library...why don't you use the gift card. Yippee! I love B & B! I keep a running list of books I want to buy from there....and I ALWAYS ask for giftcards for b-days and Christmas and mother's day. But I never thought I would get one for Chris' b-day. Last time I went I bought books for Nick and myself...so this time I went over to Ben's section. I picked out 6 great read aloud books. How did I choose you ask? I plopped my butt on the floor infront of those shelves (I ain't trying to squat for an hour) and looked at EVERY ONE they had (paperback only....I'm not trying to spend $15 on one kids book!). Ben had been talking about these books his teacher reads to them. How funny they were, and how much he would like some. I couldn't remember the name...I just knew it was a weird name. Then I came across it....Skippyjonjones. I snatched it up and looked for others...but they only had the first one. So I picked out 5 more and headed home (well I did pay first). When Ben got home and saw what was there he literally jumped for joy. Skippyjonjones....he shouted! I loooooove hime mom! Read it to me...and then I will read it to you (Ben reading aloud to you...is soooo painful! S L O W ! ) So I did...and that book is a hoot! Hilarious names...funny voices...a little spanish mixed in. It is THE ULTIMATE READ ALOUD BOOK. I had to keep stopping because I was giggling. It is a story about a siamese cat who wants to be a chihuahua dog. Funny stuff people! Ben informed me that his teacher has the NEW book out...it's called Skippyjonjones in the Dog House. And that it is even funnier than the first. So I MUST find this book! Anyway...if you have a kid whose age is between 2-8, find this book and read it to them. I'll have to get together a list of my most favorite read aloud books and post it later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to read it! I love read aloud books. See ya this weekend, Ben.

Anonymous said...

I'll have to keep that one in mind. I'm always on the lookout for new books to read to the kids.

Mom2the6Rs said...

I homeschool my kids and our main focus is reading. I read aloud to them everyday. I will have to check this book out, too. I love Barnes and Nobel, too. I get gift cards regularly. It is also a favorite date night for hubby and me. Thanks for sharing this.

Jules