Monday, March 27, 2006

Some Enchanted Evening....

by teresa
Yesterday was the best day I have had in a long time! No...it's not beacuse I was free from my husband and children all day. But that didn't hurt! (just kidding honey) Me, Jackie, Mom, Katy, and Grandaddy all drove to one of the local Universities (Christopher Newport) and saw South Pacific...the Rogers and Hammerstiens musical. One of the girls from our church attends the school and was the STAR of the play(Nellie Forbush). I love musicals! As a kid I watched many of them over and over and over! We didn't have a VCR...so I would record them on my tape player (sitting infront of the tv). Then I would listen to the show over and over singing along. I did this with South Pacific, Oklahoma(Oh what a beautiful mornin..oh what a beautiful day..), Oliver(please sir...I want some more..), My Fair Lady(I'm a good girl..I am), and a few others. I knew every line! So going yesterday was a huge treat. And Sterling (that's the girls name...isn't it cool) was amazing...the whole cast was amazing. And the best part....her leading man (Emile) was her boyfriend in real life. So that made it even more perfect. Now I will be getting on everyones nerves because I can't stop singing the songs from the show. You KNOW in the shower this morning I was singing....I'm gonna wash that man right outta my hair.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just singing that song, too. And then Katy came in the house and she started singing it. It's going to be in our heads for a long time.

I am so proud of Sterling. She turned out to be a beautiful girl. And to think I used to babysit her when she was a little baby!

Anonymous said...

When I was little we lived in Germany for a few years and didn't have television so my mom would rent mucicals from the library on the nearest air force base and we would watch them over and over. I particularly love My Fair Lady!