Wednesday, March 08, 2006

thank you mom...

by teresa
Ben came in from the bus yesterday...tossed aside his bookbag...and ran up and hugged me. Thank you mom..he said. For what honey...I asked. For NOT packing my lunch today. The cafeteria was serving chicken chow mein (his favorite). And you know what that means...he said. Cinnamin roll (always an accompaniment to chicken chow mein)! I packed his lunch earlier in the week and he came home grumping at me. Mom...he said. You packed my lunch and today was roast chicken!! I was very mad!! I said....well wasn't it a good lunch? Yeah...he replied. But not as good as roast chicken! Great...I get no respect for trying to be a good mommy and packing a good lunch. I even put love notes inside each time! Ungrateful little munchkins!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In the middle of the last century, you had to buy the liver plat to get a cinnamon roll at school.

Gidget said...

eeewwww!

Anonymous said...

I need to go eat at Ben's school. Sounds like really good food.