Friday, April 21, 2006

anybody need a babysitter?

by teresa
Tonight Lauren had a babysitting gig for our next door neighbor. The little girl is three years old and a total cutie pie. The dad wasn't home from work long before he had to leave for his outing (his sisters birthday), so he left money with Lauren and instructed her to order something for her and his daughter. Lauren was panicked! What do I do mommy? I've never ordered out before. I told her to go over there...find out what the kid wants to eat...look up the number...and order. Off she went. Then about a half hour later she calls...she can't find their phonebook and needs me to look up the number here at home. She calls back like three times before she finally orders with questions like...what do I say when they answer? What should I order her? What can I get that's on our diet? What's the address here?
Then a couple of hours later she calls freaking out. Mom! The toilet is over flowing...what do I do? I tell her to run in there and cut off the water. How do I do that...she asks. There is a knob behind the toilet...I tell her. So she throws down the phone...and I here her run off. She comes back a momonet later...Now what do I do...it is completely flooded? Well..I say...clean it up! With what..she asks? Towels...lots of towels! Soak it up...and put them in the wash for him. She says ok...and hangs up. About ten minutes later she calls back. Momma...(whining)...can you come over and help me? Are you kidding me? It's 10:00pm and I'm in my PJ's! Just clean it UP! She hangs up. She comes home about 40 minutes later...looking like something something the cat dragged in. She tells me of the nights highlights. How rambunctious...loud and demanding the little girl was (gee...a 3 year old acting demanding...what a shock)...how she wouldn't eat...wouldn't go to bed...and let one of the birds (Sparky) out of his cage when she "only turned her head for a second"! How the bird flew around the house pooping on all the pictures and biting at Lauren's hands whenshe tried to lure him back in his cage. While the little girl just ran around squealing with delight over Lauren's follies! I think Lauren got a little taste of....well...Lauren.... tonight. I felt like saying...welcome to my world, baby! On the upside. The neighbor gave her extra for having to deal with the toilet issues.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Lauren had an exciting Friday night.