Thursday, April 20, 2006

Atlanta: Round 2

By Chris

Well . . . back in Atlanta again . . . and coming to realize that the aging process has gotten decidedly quicker. Just last year, two of these hectic trips in a week was no big deal. But, today's 4 a.m. start, repeating Monday's similar trip, has me reeling a little tonight after starting with a 9 a.m. appointment straight off the plane-to-train-to-bus travel and going non-stop through to a dinner engagement. I was seriously checking out a little bit at dinner. I had one of those periods where someone was talking to me and I honestly had no clue what she was saying when she stopped. Oh, skuuuu. Did she just ask me a question? Was I asleep for a second? I nodded agreeingly with a smile and buckled down, determined to concentrate and fight back even the yawns until I could escape to the hotel and get some sleep. Of course, now at the hotel and only 4.5 hours removed from being awake 24 hours . . . I'm not tired!

I do feel obliged to report, after constantly bashing it lately, that MARTA was a pleasant train experience today. Sat in a cleaner, newer car and all was running smoothly. I even pegged the connection with the little shuttle bus I use just right.

1 comment:

Zephra said...

Thanks for your kind comments. If I remember correctly, Atlanta had some pretty crappy weather this week. Hope you didn't get caught in it.