Friday, April 21, 2006

Dandelion Thoughts...

by teresa
I was just out front and noticed all the dandelions coming up (Nick...you need to cut that grass boy).










As much as they annoy me (a day after mowing...there they are...tall as ever?)...they also make me smile. Ben always brings handfulls in to me as a gift. Here mommy...he says...I picked some pretty flowers for you! And I smile...give him a kiss and display them in a dixie cup on the window ledge. And of course I am expected to leave them there until they look like brown, limp noodles. Lauren and Nick used to do this all the time too. Except Lauren would pick the neighbors flowers too (sorry). Thinking about this makes me a little sad. How big they are getting (too fast). Two of them are taller than me already. Them growing out of their "little kid" ways. Older...bigger...when they get to where it's harder for them to tell you..I Love You Mommy (I guess it's just not cool anymore)! Or jump in your arms (without warning, nearly taking you down to the ground:)...or cuddle in the bed and read a book to you (the same book..over and over and over). I'm reminded of one of my favorite kid books in my library. You probably know it...it's called...Let Me Hold You Longer by Karen Kingsbury. Click here and you can read it online (it isn't long...but you will need tissues:) Wasn't that great! And exactly how I feel!
Here's a few more sweet kids books that I recommend...Miss Tizzy by Libba Moore Gray.... Miss Fannie's Hat by Jan Karon..... Hachiko by Pamela S. Turner..... I Promise I'll Find You by Heather Ward and of course Love You Forever by Robert Munsch




OKAY...THIS IS WEIRD!! I JUST CLICKED OVER TO ONE OF MY FAV'S (QUEEN BETH)....AND GUESS WHAT SHE WROTE ABOUT TODAY? CLICK HERE AND SEE....
ALSO...CLICK ON HER MOMS BLOG... SHE SEEMS LIKE SUCH A SPECIAL LADY! GOD BLESS YOU BOTH!

3 comments:

shawnak said...

Love your blog, thanks for stopping by mine!

Queen Beth's mom's blog touched my heart as well!

Anonymous said...

Ok, so that was totally weird that you and I have dandelions on our mind! AT THE SAME TIME! Thank you for linking me and for saying such nice things about my Mom!

Anonymous said...

Queen Beth - I really liked your Mom's blog. I'm glad she shared her thoughts on how God answers prayers with us.

I feel the same way she does and have seen God answer prayers for me in such great ways, too.