Saturday, April 22, 2006

The Green Family Rules...as written by Ben Green age 7

by teresa
Lord....help me! Ben is getting on my very.....last...nerve! Actually he is getting on everyones nerves! He woke up inthe WORST MOOD IMAGINABLE this morning. His sassy, smart-mouthed comments had him on punishment to his room before he was even finished with breakfast. And it just got worse from there. Yelling things from his room...acting like he was choking to get us up there...and much, much more. He had to stay home with Lauren while we went to Kai's soccer game. This infuriated him. He called my cell phone (snuck the cordless in his room without sissy knowing it) and called me about 15 times. Demanding that I come back and pick him up! After the first three...I just put it on mute. It is now 4:43pm....an this kids attitude is still going strong. Screaming...crying (over nothing)...picking fights with Nick...refusing to eat the dinner I cooked (ham and greenbeans...one of his favorites). Completely unreasonable! Frankly, he just needs to go to bed....NOW! When we got back from the soccer game, he came to the top of the stairs and announced.....I HAVE WRITTEN A LIST OF RULES FOR THIS HOUSE.....AND I EXPECT THEM TO BE FOLLOWED! EXCUUUUUSE ME????? When he handed them to me he said....and you can put them on the blog....so everybody will know them! So here it goes...with Ben's own spelling....The Green family rules:

1. Wen pepole are in trble they can be duwnstars!

2. No taking pepoles money! (side note...Ben went into the upstairs bathroom and emptied out my new foaming hand soap dispenser and filled it with water the other day. I scolded him and yesterday went out and bought a new one....he did it again last night! So I took $3 of his to pay for it. He is sooooo upset by this!)

3. No leaving somone behinde! (Because of leaving him home during the soccer game)

4. No fihgting! (I told him...this is one I want him to obey!!)

5. You can go next door with out asking. (To my mom's.....we always make them ask permission before going over. They always say....that's not fair...Kristian and Kai (Katy's kids) are over there...why can't we go too? I have to remind them that nanny's house is not THEIR house! You can't just go over without asking)

Then on the bottom of the paper it says in big letters...

LISTEN TO
THIS
GREEN FAMILY
RULES!
I need to go take a nuprin!.....or a valium...whatever I find first!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh sounds like he's really mad!! You took some of his precious money and touched a nerve. That was really a good lesson for him. I'll bet he doesn't empty your soap dispenser again.

Anonymous said...

Good Grief! He'll probably be a total angel tommorrow ... that's they way they work. I think it's a conspiracy of the 7 year old manipulators club or something.

The Yanceys said...

Y'all are really starting to scare me. I thought 5 years old was tough...